Friday, August 15, 2014

Lolita Blog Carnival - A coord based on a type of bird

I decided I had to get in on this weeks Lolita blog carnival because it would give me the chance to put a idea I have had for a long time to use. I have wanted to do a coord based on Disney's Florida Orange Bird  for a really long time . I know Orange Bird is not a real bird ,but I thought a fake bird could count in this. Here is what Orange bird look's like
  and here  are my outfit idea photos.




For my outfit idea I went with something simple and very summer friendly. It is really way too hot here in Florida to wear a perfect Lolita outfit. My outfit is really more inspired by Orange Bird then a real copy of his look. Here is a run down of my outfit. The shirt is a newer shirt from Disney. The JSK is Bodyline. I picked the musical note themed JSK to go with the sour musical notes Orange bird tries to sing. The orange footless tights picked to go with Orange Bird's main color are from Macy's. The yellow  flipflops picked to match his chest and beak are from Old Navy. The floral print hand bag that made me think of a orange tree in bloom is vintage. The Orange Bird hanging off the purse is a vintage necklace from the 70's. The white bow head band just picked because it worked with the outfit is from Dollar Tree. My leafy green nail polish for my fingers and toes that I picked to go with Orange Bird's leaf wings and leaf hair is Sally Hansen. The vintage 70's Orange bird bank was picked because no Orange Bird outfit would be complete with our him. The vintage 70's album was added to show his sour notes and for his theme song. I hope all of you liked my outfit idea  and I hope all of you will like the outfit ideas of the other girls in this weeks Lolita Blog Carnival.


THE FAWN AND THE FRILLS

The Literary Lolita


3 comments:

  1. A very interesting coordination inspired by a very interesting bird c; Liked it! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear!
    I'd like to invite you to my cute giveaway:
    http://beautifuljrockdevil.blogspot.hu/2014/08/giveaway-cutie-before-autumn-giveaway.html

    Bai, Shiki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit *u* Your style is so nice~
    ~Kiyomi <3
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete